Home / Balochistan / RESCUE OPERATION IN SNOW AFFECTED AREAS INCLUDING DASHT HAS BEEN COMPLETE: SARFRAZ BUGTI

RESCUE OPERATION IN SNOW AFFECTED AREAS INCLUDING DASHT HAS BEEN COMPLETE: SARFRAZ BUGTI

QUETTA: (Parliament Times)  Balochistan’s Home Minister Mir Sarfraz Bugti has said rescue operation in snow affected areas including Dasht has been completed while relief measures are underway.

Addressing a news conference in Quetta today, he said Quetta and its adjacent areas experienced a severe snowfall after twenty five years which caused hardships for the people.

He said six highways have been opened for all types of traffics in three divisions of the province.

Sarfraz Bugti said more than forty six trucks loaded with relief goods have so far been dispatched to the people in affected areas.

He said relief assistance was dropped from Helicopters among stranded people in Dasht area.

Replying to a query, he said a grant of two hundred million rupees has been released to the Provincial Disaster Management Authority Balochistan for the relief of affected people.

About Parliament Times

Check Also

Turbat massacre survivor reaches home in Punjab’s Sambrial

TURBAT : The sole survivor of the November 15 Turbat massacre reached home in his …